Northern Woods Exhibition

pkinneb

I'll be heading down there to check it out. I don't think that you have any thing to worry about. It seemed like there was work from all levels there last year. I know you won't be the worst, well maybe i don't know if Cremona is entering anything :P.

I wanted to enter the 8 Drawer dresser that i made but i got a really nasty look when i asked if it could be emptied so i could enter it in the exhibit.

Maybe next year.

Thanks guys!

Yes many categories and both amateur and professional woodworkers. The work shown at these exhibitions over the years is simply amazing 

https://www.mnwwg.org/nwds.html

For me just putting my work out there is a huge step and really the point. I don't expect to win just wanted to get outside my comfort zone and hope to get some feedback that can improve my work going forward.

1 hour ago, pkinneb said:

I don't expect to win just wanted to get outside my comfort zone

I get that.  I submitted one of my pieces to an American Assoc. of Woodturners competition.  I figured for the small entry fee I'd find out what the rejection letter looked like -- they could have done better :lol:.

• Haha 2

Matt Cremona posted a quick video of this event and a link to the show's program/catalog of entrees. Since I live on the East Coast, it was great to get a feel of this event through the video and the program. 

Paul, your piece looks great, right up there with the best entrees. I agree with what you wrote in the program that sharing a piece with the public is another step in your woodworking journey. Getting out of that comfort zone is the only way to grow. Great job!

• Like 1

Thats some pretty positive feed back.  You have to be pretty happy with the results of your first entry.

"All edges are a bit too crisp"

Was this a suggestion to ease the edges a little more during finish prep?