Adjustable Track Square

ben_r_

Isn't the big benefit of a track saw being able to mark out points and connect them with the cutting edge of the track? I'd just do the math on the angle, make to marks and throw the track down. The benefit of this is over longer distances your accuracy increases where as with something like this over longer distances inaccuracy gets exaggerated.

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Isn't the big benefit of a track saw being able to mark out points and connect them with the cutting edge of the track

This.

I used my TSO to trim the edges on my dining table with the leaves in and everything came out dead nuts square couldn't be happier with the TSO.  Most of the time when I am using my track saw it is like Drew mentions above but when I need it to square up something having the TSO attached to the track is a lot faster and less fiddly then a square and the track.

Angles up to 12-13" wide i can get with a miter gauge on the table saw. Beyond that i feel that marking out and sawing to the line is more accurate. Also the way i work exact angles isn't necessary. If i needed 2 45 degree miters to make a 90 degree corner I'd get close have the parts over sized and then trim the critical edge square after the fact. if it's 47 and 43 who cares no one is going to measure it and tell me my miter is slightly off.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    R Parekh
    Newest Member
    R Parekh