derekcohen

Harlequin side table

Another great journal going here Derek! Thanks for taking us along I always pick up tips from your postings. This looks to be a really neat piece with some interesting challenges.

Some really nice work once again.

Beautiful work! I would be very nervous the deeper and more invested I got into the project. And the demand of incredible precision would be hard on my well being. I will watch and appreciate your exotic skills. Thanks for sharing!

You always make my day when you post a project.  A question: do you plan to leave the dovetails proud?  That might be an interesting look.

Hi Richard

The plan is to round over the dovetails, so the "proud" will disappear. Sorry :)

Regards from Perth

Derek

Not a problem Derek. I did a round over on dovetails on a bench, I really liked the look.

I’m in on this one as well Derek, wishing someday I will get to your level of skill, beautiful work sir!

Still liking what you are doing. ;)

@derekcohen, I think it’s time to ask, and I apologize if it’s already been mentioned, what do you do for a living? It should be Woodworking if it isn’t. Nice work bud. 

22 hours ago, derekcohen said:

I marked these when the carcase was a dry fit (and later briefly thought I had screwed this up!) ...

So Dr Derek how many times a day can I feel like you did on the screw up and still be sane? Seriously I know the feeling. And I hate that momentary thought. And immediately feel better when I realize all is well.    The thought of the screw up reminds me to be thorough and dry fit.

Thanks Derek. I am enjoying this build, the same as all your work.

Derek you do some simply stunning work!! ...and how about that rebate plane shaving in pic #5 ....nice!

Derek, you may have mentioned this before, but what is your preferred method to avoid splintering the ends when planing across end grain such as that?  Do you start from each end and work toward the middle, or is there another way that works?