derekcohen

Harlequin side table

Really cool look, I like it, very unique. 

So if I follow correctly, you cut your 8 degree taper before turning, then you turned, shaped and glued. Didn't see the flat glue surface in the pictures you took of the turned legs but I assume they are there. 

Very nice and I'm really enjoying the build.

• Like 1

It looks short or is that just illusion?

If you struggling for time i'd spare us the details on the dovetails and try and make it to your show. Like you said you've documented it here already in awesome detail.

• Like 1

The jig using the two Incra miter gauges is an interesting approach.  Is that your design Or did you see it used somewhere else?

Derek, when you get the finish on that, those drawer fronts are going to dazzle.  Beautuiful work as usual.

• Like 1

I really like the differing drawer fronts.  Great as always.

• Like 1

Derek awesome craftsmanship as always!! Great piece! Man is that going to pop with some finish on it.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 12:17 PM, derekcohen said:

Do you think anyone will notice that the drawer bottoms run sequentially?

The answer is yes! I expect your heirloom pieces will be around for hundreds of years due to the exceptional quality. With that amount of time you would think a woodworker would be drawn to the piece.  . And ask permission to open the drawers too. Derek, if and when you see a beautiful relic, don't you want to examine it? And they would notice the exceptional efforts including the sequential drawer bottoms. And also there will be eyes looking right at it and seeing nothing. So is the world...But we know...

• Thanks 1

Not one to question but I will. Why not a 1/4” groove for the bottom? 

Another superb project Derek, it really came out nice.

26 minutes ago, derekcohen said:

Do you think that anyone will notice that the drawer bottoms run sequentially? :)

Hopefully at the show, but once you get it back home your wife will cover the drawer bottoms with all of her "needlework thingies". :D

• Like 1

Thanks for taking us along, and the colors in that piece really pop!

• Like 1

Luck is not really necessary, you have an amazing skill, and I'm proud to know you care to share with those of us that want to reach your skill. Thank you young'un.

• Like 1