Mid range turbine unit

wjffineww

Personally I would shop the used market. You will get more bang for your buck. Be patient and know what you want before starting the used shopping market. I have found that nicer higher end used tools are well taken care of and are usually a great budget saver. Shop craigs list,e-bay etc,etc. This may take more time than buying new but well worth the effort.Just my 2 cents though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I would need a big compressor to run a gun by itself? I would certainly be interested if there was a way to use my small compressor. I definately agree with buying used tools most of my tools are second hand and I've had very good luck. I guess I'm just not exactly sure what to look for. It seems most of what I see is home painting sparay equipment from the big box, which I'm definately not interested in. If there is a place I could be pointed to that could provide some more info about the different options I would like that. Thank you all for the replies I appreciate it!

Check out Mark's review of the earlix 3000- thats the cheaper unit and ive heard good things about it. Im not to familar with the compressor driven type because i only have a pancake compressor which isnt enough and I dont want anything bigger. Turbine units are self contained and the more stages you get in the unit the more powerfull the unit is say one stage vs 4 stage- the one stage would probably struggle with water base paint and the 4 stage would handle it.

Is that the Fuji you have Marc? There ya go influencing my purchases again!! :o)

Its similar. I have the older model, the Q3. The mini mites are a little louder and this particular one has a gravity feed gun. Mine is a standard siphon gun. But the guts of the turbine should be very similar to mine. Its a great HVLP setup!

Its similar. I have the older model, the Q3. The mini mites are a little louder and this particular one has a gravity feed gun. Mine is a standard siphon gun. But the guts of the turbine should be very similar to mine. Its a great HVLP setup!

Cool! I need to get that in my arsenal. I'm still trying to come up with a "spray booth". Of course, I'll only be spraying water based, but a good set up is still a must. Thank you Mr. Spags!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I would need a big compressor to run a gun by itself? I would certainly be interested if there was a way to use my small compressor. I definately agree with buying used tools most of my tools are second hand and I've had very good luck. I guess I'm just not exactly sure what to look for. It seems most of what I see is home painting sparay equipment from the big box, which I'm definately not interested in. If there is a place I could be pointed to that could provide some more info about the different options I would like that. Thank you all for the replies I appreciate it!

There are conversions gun made to run on a small compressor. Mine runs on a 1 1/2 hp 4 gal emglo compressor the small 2 tank model. I would check out homesteadfinishing.com and Jeff a call. He has helped me with mine and I didnt buy it from him. He actually sets up the gun for what you are going to use it for.

There are lots of choices out there. But that is what works for me

I have the Fuji mini mite and it is fantastic, HVLP is so much easier than my old irratic compressor system I used to have. Like all HVLP's it makes some noise but the fuji's are about as quiet as they get, and so controllable.