ClampZilla - 4 Way Panel Clamp

ben_r_

5 hours ago, pkinneb said:

To steep for my blood but if you do a lot of panel glue ups might be worth it. My only concern would be will the glue play nice with the finish on those bars?

Totally valid question! And for the price they are charging, they really should have ALL those types of issues worked out. From their description the bars and clamp faces are powder coated steel. Anyone know how powder coating does with dried glue? Is it a pain to get the glue off of?

Don't get what any of these offer over alternating parallel clamps. I also thought parallel clamps were a bit on the spendy side.... as i use these more often than anything else.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/hand-tools/clamps-vises/masterforce-reg-12-f-clamp/3060467/p-1444439537442-c-9135.htm?tid=8287304672883482236&ipos=2

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I may be missing something but with proper milling of your edges you shouldn't really need something like this.  I did a table top that was just shy of 6 feet long and 38 inches wide and I only used 5 clamps and at that hardly any pressure.  I did use a few of the smallest dominos, the ones about the size of chiclets, for alignment but that was it.

I was wondering about that too. If your edges are not properly milled, chances are your heights will be different, resulting in some kind of random alignment with these 4 way clamps.

12 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

It looks like the scissor design of the clamping mechanism applies pressure top and bottom as well as side to side, so boards are forced into alignment. If you aren't using dominoes, that is.

For how much these cost a domino is probably cheaper.....:ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    luanaroly
    Newest Member
    luanaroly