Gift Card

Chet

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I received for my Birthday, from my to younger grandkids a gift card to my lumber yard.  They told their mom they wanted to give "Paga" some wood to build something with.  My daughter told them that I should pick the wood out myself but that they could get me a gift card from the lumber yard.  When they went in they were told that they didn't have gift cards but the guy at the counter went over and cut them a piece of pine and told them to give that to me and tell me what it was for.

IMG_1604.thumb.jpg.2e076caa52bc08bb38e0a515f979d4ab.jpg

Chet, This is the ultimate gift that a grandfather can receive. If it was me, I would frame that sign and treasure it forever. I know $50 doesn’t go far in the wood yard, but build something special just for them.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

It’s the coolest and cutest gift card I have ever seen. The guy at the counter is a good person, and I’m sure it will become the kids’ core memory. Hope you made something nice from the wood you got for this money.
It’s a pity they don’t have gift cards or special wood gift baskets for customers. I would get something like this for some of my friends who like gardening and making things out of wood. Of course, I would need more than $50 now because wood is even more expensive than before, especially if you want good wood from maple or oak trees.