Jaw, meet floor.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:02 PM, Mark J said:

Ahhh, @DerekMPBS are you sure she didn't mean Jimmy Chu.:lol:

She's not into designer shoes, thank god.  She has like 80 pair though, so closet organizer/shelving is on my to-do list.

When we were in Vegas earlier this year, we went shopping at Shops at Caesar's Palace, and made the mistake of going into the Prada store.  Now she wants a Prada bag.  They let her hold one, a light blue leather one with blue suede lining.  It could have been ours, for a mere $2200.

I told her maybe as an anniversary present in a few years.  Gotta keep her happy.

On 7/17/2019 at 3:57 PM, Bankstick said:

Derek, hitting straight? You could have taken a couple of lessons and saved some money. I had a bad slice until I learned to drop my right shoulder on the down swing instead of moving it forward. Get Jack Nicklaus' video or book, Golf My Way. Excellent and easy to understand. This is how Greg Norman learned to play golf at age 17.

Well, not just straight, but it increased my drive distance by about 30 yards as well.  I found that I had a tendency to drop my right shoulder and push through the swing, which causes the club face to open at impact and make me slice.  If I keep my right shoulder up and my swing temp steady, I contact the ball square and hit it straight.  Took a while to figure that one out.

I used my dad's clubs for a round once when I was visiting him.  He has a ~10 year old set of Ping irons he got as a prize for winning a tournament.  I consistently hit his clubs 20 to 30 yards further.  I hit my 7 iron about 155, and with his I was 185.  Plus, the sweet spot is so much bigger - it's about the half the size of a dime on my irons.  Golf is more fun when you can hit the ball farther and straighter.