Stainless Steel Woodworking Squares - 2616SS & 1812SS

ben_r_

It'd be interesting if the cut out all the bells and whistles and just made them blank if they could sell them for a lot less. All that CNC milling and laser etching measurements has to take a long time to set up and will increase waste that they have to make up for and is it really useful? A big square like these would be nice and there aren't a lot of options but at the same time my 10"x7" square gets the job done. I don't feel that my furniture is falling apart because i used a $25 square over a $250 one.

The first thing that comes to my mind is I can't read it. Full disclosure I have really bad vision LOL. I have the same problem with most of their red rules and squares. My favorites are still the SS 6" Paolini, #1 hands down best small rule ever made IMHO. Second is the small red triangle square I use primarily for squaring machinery blades. Both reside in my apron at all times when not in use. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chet said:

:)

Hey hey hey i only forgot glue that one time.... well and that other time.... :D I think i should have worded that a bit differently.

7 hours ago, ben_r_ said:

I have to admit though, I have their 26" square and its been awesome for squaring up guide rails. I use it every time I break out the track saw or need to use a router on a guide rail.

I bet they are nice with a track saw but i have had decent luck with a shorter square. These kenix ones are nice because they have a thick blade. https://www.amazon.com/Kinex-4034-12-020-Machinist-Square-0-0008/dp/B079R8BVYW/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=kinex+square&qid=1565872081&s=gateway&sr=8-4

My draw to the WP stuff isn't the size but that they make it from material that doesn't rust. I have to go through and wax my squares just like my planes and cast iron. Speaking of that i really should wax everything again it's been a while.

12 hours ago, ben_r_ said:

I have to admit though, I have their 26" square and its been awesome for squaring up guide rails. I use it every time I break out the track saw or need to use a router on a guide rail.

I use this for my shorter tracks, works awesome!

IMG_4202.JPG.4ca36378501fca04b554e110b0e2e4c8.JPG

On 8/15/2019 at 10:01 AM, pkinneb said:

I use this for my shorter tracks, works awesome!

IMG_4202.JPG.4ca36378501fca04b554e110b0e2e4c8.JPG

Oh yea, Im familiar with the TSO offerings. Never saw a need for them as I already other tools that do the job and usually cost me less. Their new parallel guide system for example is amazingly overpriced. There is nothing wrong with the Precision Dogs version or the Seneca if you want to put more money into it for no real benefit.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 71 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ed Weber
    Newest Member
    Ed Weber