Sign in to follow this  
FlyGuy

Value of Delta 34-444

Hello, 

Novice here.  I've inherited a Delta 10 Contractor table saw, 34-444, 20+ years old.  It is lightly used, and from the pics I can dig up it seems to be stock.  While I still may keep it for sentimental value, it is taking up space and almost all my cutting needs are more easily handled other saws.  However, I can't get a good idea of it's value.  One local ad sold one for $1200 (granted, it had been modified, and $1200 was the listed price, maybe even a typo).  Other saws are listed at $50, though not Delta.  Does the Delta name command a premium?  

What is a fair price range for this?

Thanks!

I had that exact saw with the Unifence, which I wish I had hung on to, for about twenty years.  I have to think $1200 was a typo.  I think for the age $100 would be a decent price.

Just to add to your data; for what it would bring in my area I just gave mine away. It was a good machine for what it was intended for. 

I don't know what one is worth, but I have had the precursor Rockwell version of that saw for over 40 years. With a few tweaks it can be a really good saw. I replaced the low grade trunnion bolts with grade 5 bolts, with fixed the problem with the saw going out of adjustment. I changed the v-belt for a link belt and machined pulleys, which smoothed things out a bunch. I made new side tables and added a Biesemyer fence. Finally, the saw I got came without a motor, so I installed a 2 hp high service factor motor. It has been a great saw. 

If you are thinking "why did you spend all that money instead of just buying a better saw to start with?" Back then, a better saw was several thousand dollars, any my saw with all of the goodies was less than a $1000, stretched out over many years.

• Like 1

I had that saw for about 15 years, great saw!. Its way better than any of the job site saws available today. Having said that i sold mine about 5 years ago for $350. That was a good deal for both if us. It had been upgraded with a better fence, mobile base though.

40 something years ago that was my first table saw. I got a lot done with that saw with no regrets. For me it was the perfect first table saw. A very accurate fence and the table was flat.