Martin-IT

Dozuki saw teeth flying off...

Hi,

while cutting a piece of cherry 3/8" thick, the saw hesitated and then starting loosing teeth aka flying off. 

Now, the blade has lost more than 1/2 of its teeth.

I bought it a few years back at woodcraft and I have always been careful with it. I have used it may be 20 times max.

The teeth were razor sharp, and also very thin. Is it something that simply happens with them ?

Another question, Woodcraft is stating it has a replaceable blade, but I cannot find it on their website.

Leevalley has some Dozuki and blades (and free shipping at the moment).  Between brand,is there a chance I could buy another brand of the blade and it would fit on the handle ?

There is a 20$ price difference between the full saw and just the blade, I just hate to throw away a handle that still looks like new.

mratin

I experienced the same problem with a Dozuki "Z" saw. I switched to a  Gyokucho Dozuki saw and it is more robust although a bit slower. And no, blades are not compatible.

I didn't really pay attention to the brand, but on the latest podcast of FWW's Shop talk live they were talking about a Dozuki saw that tends to lose its teeth. Maybe give it a listen.