Sign in to follow this  
Coyote Jim

How about a box!

Nice work! I like the idea of the box being upside down. but right side up.

My one comment is the edges look sharp, if that's what you are going for that's great. To me it seems like they all could benefit from a quite hit of 220 grit sand paper by hand just to give them a bit more of a soft look. (also not sure if you are completely done it looks like there are still some pencil lines)

Not done yet. I still need finish prep and finish. So I'll be softening all the edges and the smoothing plane will remove all the pencils.

One of the goals on this was no power tools and no sand paper. I did use the thickness planer but that's all.

Very nice work.  I like a box that has a surprise or pint of interest and the round holes in the lid line grabbed me.  Nice work.  I like it.

I know a wood worker that made a dovetail chisel like you did only he took one of his Lie Neilson chisels to the grinder.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ronn W said:

I know a wood worker that made a dovetail chisel like you did only he took one of his Lie Neilson chisels to the grinder.

That is a bold man.

6 minutes ago, Tpt life said:

Whats the light patch in the end of the handle?

It's glue that I did not notice before I finished it. You can only see it if your eyes are open though. My blind friend is none the wiser about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1