Chet

Sapele Morris Chair

Super job, and I'm with Gee-dub, can't wait to see that sapele pop when you put the finish on. 

13 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Chet, do you have a link?

No I don't Ken.  I guess the best way to describe it is it's like the car interior material that was used back in the 30's and 40's or even earlier.  It was usually gray or beige.

I wiped on one coat of shellac and then sprayed three coats of GF High Performance.  The arms came out feeling a little rough and I couldn't figure out why.  I think but I may be wrong that in bending the wood it may have opened or stretched the pores some to where it was feeling rough.  Any way I sanded them back pretty good with 400 grit and then sprayed them again but laid it down a little heavier and they came out great.

Great job Chet! Those arm lamination's are the best I have seen yet, simply amazing! You gotta love Sapele great choice

• Thanks 1

Solid work the chair looks awesome. I like that your round over or easing edges is a bit less than what Marc does in the plans. I feel he is too heavy handed with it. Your edges look a lot more crisp and well defined and it gives a bit of a different look to the chair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful job, Chet. I really like your side slat details. 

I was happy to give my input and I know you're more than happy with the results!

I'm looking forward to seeing it after it comes back from the upholsterer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1