ben_r_

Combination Square and Double Square

At those prices, they think they're way better than Starrett.  However they are good looking tools and I'd pay $100 for a set, but not almost $300.

Good lookin for sure, but still made of aluminum for the body of the tool and for those prices thats outrageous!

11 hours ago, ben_r_ said:

Good lookin for sure, but still made of aluminum for the body of the tool and for those prices thats outrageous!

SS on aluminum, I wonder if that body isn't going to wear down over time and lose it's ability to lock or lose it's square. I'd never make a tool like that out of aluminum, At first I was hoping they were red stainless or something.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chestnut said:

SS on aluminum, I wonder if that body isn't going to wear down over time and lose it's ability to lock or lose it's square. I'd never make a tool like that out of aluminum, At first I was hoping they were red stainless or something.

Nah, cant dye stainless like you can aluminum. At best they might powder coat it to get a color but then that would change the thickness uniformity and this the perfect, controllable squareness of such a tool.

If the coating wears a little, you might even see galvanic corrosion form where aluminum and steel contact. That can't be good for anyone.

13 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Nah, cant dye stainless like you can aluminum. At best they might powder coat it to get a color but then that would change the thickness uniformity and this the perfect, controllable squareness of such a tool.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mdp
    Newest Member
    Mdp