derekcohen

Entry hall table for a niece

Derek-

Do you put a shoulder on your tail board, to help with alignment when transferring the pins?

Awesome journal, your work is absolutely stellar.

6 hours ago, woodbutcher said:

Derek-

Do you put a shoulder on your tail board, to help with alignment when transferring the pins?

Awesome journal, your work is absolutely stellar.

No shoulder here. One of the reasons for my Moxon design is that it holds the board off the chop and I can see light (indicating gaps). 

Moxon:  http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMadeTools/TheLastMoxon.html

If I did want a shoulder, I created a way to do this using blue tape instead (which is not invasive):  http://www.inthewoodshop.com/Furniture/The140TrickisDead.html

Regards from Perth

Derek

Derek, can you tell me about that lathe light.  Where did you get it?  It is very similar to one a friend of mine in The States makes from an Ikea lamp and a Harbor Freight magnetic base.  Is yours home made or purchased?

2legs.jpg

Mark, I purchased the light from a vendor in Australia. I'm racking my brain to remember from whom as I would like a couple more. Fortunately, they are quite common now. This one is 240v.

Regards from Perth

Derek

100 bucks is too much for me to pay for one of these things.  My friend gets $40 for his and I make one from the shorter Ikea clamp light that uses about 20 in parts.  The Nova version is interesting, though.  

Anyway, back to the hall table!

I always enjoy following your work and it is always top notch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice work. I enjoyed the narrative with the pictures. Did you intend to cut the mitres a little fat? Cleaning up the mitres I think would be easier then the rest of the joint. 

Thanks Derek!

• Thanks 1

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 262 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    blessed grandma
    Newest Member
    blessed grandma