Sign in to follow this  
Bmac

A master at work

I saw a video of his technique years ago and, although I've never made a rocker or for one minute think I'm even in his category of craftsmanship I have used this sawing method however ham handed it's very useful for sculpting things. Also Jimmy Diresta uses a technique that I have adopted of drawing the object backwards across the blade and, the band saw acts like a rasp depending on the angle the piece is being drawn back it gets more aggressive or less aggressive. Thanks for sharing, Sam was an amazing craftsman.     

1 hour ago, higtron said:

Jimmy Diresta uses a technique that I have adopted of drawing the object backwards across the blade and, the band saw acts like a rasp depending on the angle the piece is being drawn back it gets more aggressive or less aggressive.   

That's a good tip, but if done a lot on only one side, there is a danger of dulling the teeth on that side of the blade, which could lead to drift issues.

Really amazing! I’d have a mess of firewood if that were me and several less appendages. Thanks for sharing. 

Very impressive, what skill.  I wonder how many guide lines he had drawn on the piece or maybe just a lot of experience?

Sign in to follow this