Christmas Wish List 2019

SeventyFix

It's getting close to the time of the year to start thinking about Christmas gifts.  Some of my family members are gift giving savants - others not so much. 

In order to avoid the cringe-worthy ties and socks, I am starting a wish list.  I'm not making a case for me getting any of these things - after all, I haven't been that nice this year.  I encourage you to add your own suggestions.  I'm especially looking for small collector/decorator items like the mug and miniature plane below.

Double Square Standard - 6 Inch Blade
https://www.woodpeck.com/one-time-tools/onetime-tool-combo-double-square-2019.html

Panel Saw - Rip Cut 7ppi 
https://www.lie-nielsen.com/products/panel-saws-panel-saw-rip-cut-?path=panel-saws&node=4149

Veritas Miniature Bevel-Up Jack Plane
https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/tools/hand-tools/miniature-tools/planes/110481-veritas-miniature-bevel-up-jack-plane

Woodpeckers Signature Mug
https://www.woodpeck.com/woodpeckers-signature-mug.html

Might this be the year for the Domino?

Festool Emerald Edition DF 500 Q Domino Joiner
https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/festooldf500qdominojointer-emerald.aspx

Woodpecker Square.JPG

LN Panel Saw.JPG

LV Mini Plane.JPG

Woodpeckers Mug.JPG

Festool Domino.JPG

• Like 2

I have a running list going since my PGG (Primary Gift Giver) who is very generous and very understanding is also very bah humbug about the season, birthdays, etc. For example, my birthday was yesterday. I got a nice card. BUT, in early August she asked me what I needed for my shop. I told her a resaw and she said why not just go ahead and get it as an early birthday present. So I may get my Christmas in March or whenever it strikes me.

I plan on going to the Felder open house in Carrollton next week. The school is shopping for a few items and I'd like to talk to them about the new Felder slider with flesh sensing tech. While I'm there I also want to check out the new Hammer HS 950 oscillating edge sander. 

Also on my 'eventually' list -

LN #4

Veritas Medium Shoulder Plane

Veritas Router Plane

DFM Dowel Plate

PantoRouter

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mick S said:

I have a running list going since my PGG (Primary Gift Giver) who is very generous and very understanding is also very bah humbug about the season, birthdays, etc. For example, my birthday was yesterday. I got a nice card. BUT, in early August she asked me what I needed for my shop. I told her a resaw and she said why not just go ahead and get it as an early birthday present. So I may get my Christmas in March or whenever it strikes me.

I plan on going to the Felder open house in Carrollton next week. The school is shopping for a few items and I'd like to talk to them about the new Felder slider with flesh sensing tech. While I'm there I also want to check out the new Hammer HS 950 oscillating edge sander. 

Also on my 'eventually' list -

LN #4

Veritas Medium Shoulder Plane

Veritas Router Plane

DFM Dowel Plate

PantoRouter

Mick - Thank you for this information.  I didn't know that Mathias Wandel had taken his pantorouter commercial.  Like many, I've watched his videos for years.  Also interesting about Felder's open house.  I was in Carrolton yesterday picking up the T tracks from Incra ("free shipping").  I have the jointer/planer machine and will try to make it to the open house.  Thanks again.

53 minutes ago, RichardA said:

I have three double squares, [one I can't find] But all three cost 20% of one peckerhead square.

Agreed 100% - For some reason, I just think that this one is particularly cool.

I have a few tools that I put on my gift list due to their "cool factor".  I couldn't bring myself to pay the price but, if I could relieve one of my loved ones the anguish of struggling over what to buy me as a gift; it was my duty to provide them an avenue to salvation.

Seriously, I have kept sharable "wish lists" online for many years.  People actually appreciate it.  I do keep things from "a few" dollars to "a lot of" dollars so that the same list can serve everyone.  I also have a few double squares in various locations around the shop.  This follows my layout philosophy of keeping things near where they are used.  I never could adapt to an apron so, measuring and marking items are in multiples.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been told I'm difficult to get gifts for, which i don't understand I have clamps as a long standing item on my wish list. I'm told clamps are a boring gift to which i always respond with "Giving me a clamp is giving me something i guarantee i will use, and probably use to make you a gift in return." Well see this year, I'm not holding my breath.

I generally leave a LN catalog around and have also said that pretty much anything inside it I'd be more than happy to have even if it was a single chisel.

Books are always a good gift in my opinion i have a good solid list of books i'd like that i make sure to share with family as well.

23 minutes ago, Mick S said:

my birthday was yesterday

Happy Birthday!

2 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

it was my duty to provide them an avenue to salvation.

Such a magnanimous gesture! Woodworkers have such big hearts.

1 minute ago, Chestnut said:

Happy Birthday!

Thanks! Each one seems to be more precious than the last for some reason.

26 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

I have a few tools that I put on my gift list due to their "cool factor".  I couldn't bring myself to pay the price but, if I could relieve one of my loved ones the anguish of struggling over what to buy me as a gift; it was my duty to provide them an avenue to salvation.

Seriously, I have kept sharable "wish lists" online for many years.  People actually appreciate it.  I do keep things from "a few" dollars to "a lot of" dollars so that the same list can serve everyone.  I also have a few double squares in various locations around the shop.  This follows my layout philosophy of keeping things near where they are used.  I never could adapt to an apron so, measuring and marking items are in multiples.

I'm the same way with pencils - leaving them scattered around the shop.  I'm very good at making a mark with a pencil, doing another quick task, coming back for that pencil in less than 60 seconds and being unable to find it.  It's a superpower, really.  I don't want to brag...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SeventyFix said:

Happy birthday.  Also, I just signed up for a visit on Thursday the 14th around noon.  

Thanks. I’ll be there on Friday. My flight gets into Love about 10:30am so I’ll go straight there then spend the weekend with my daughter and SIL.