Tom King

Anyone know about this model?

I don't know anything about it, but being an older model and if it still runs good, $300 is a steal in my opinion.

14-40 and CVS for $300? I’d give it a shot and I already have a lathe :) 

But to answer your question, I’ve never used or learned anything about that particular lathe. 

I don't have any specific experience with Delta lathes, so no idea if the price is good.  But a couple of comments; most you probably know.

It's a Reeves drive which is not necessarily bad (Powermatic uses it on its drill press), but you need to check it out.

What is the speed range?

I didn't see a banjo or tool rest in the pictures, but you want to make sure they're included. 

What size post on the tool rest?  You can get various sizes, but one inch is kinda standard.  MT sizes? MT2 is kinda standard.

This model has a rotating headstock.  This is a valuable feature, but also introduces some possible errors.  Check that the headstock is secure when locked and that it is perfectly aligned with the tailstock.  Then rotate the headstock out, check the security, return to neutral and re-check alignment with head stock.  

Check all the other clamp and lock mechanisms, etc. Bed flat and straight? 

That's what I can think of with one cup of coffee.

• Thanks 1

That's the lathe I have it is a good price and I have never had any issues with mine but you should know that they are known for broken pulley's which are no longer manufactured by Delta.

I wasn't thinking about getting it.  I had just never seen one.  If the Reeves drive works, it would probably be a good buy, for someone.   I have an older Delta, that you change belts on.  I get by with that one for no more turning than I do.