So, if you're an older member, what does that make me :lol:

But it's a very nice table. The only (unsolicited) critique I have is that it looks kinda top heavy. How stable is it?

• Like 2

I would imagine with the diagonal cross pieces that it very stable! Well done and like the design and the tight dt’s! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Damn, if drzaius is ancient, then me and several others must be fossilized.

Not to high Jack but to only take advantage of the situation, who is the oldest member on here? I’ll go first at 70 yo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

Not to high Jack but to only take advantage of the situation, who is the oldest member on here? I’ll go first at 70 yo. 

77 In December.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mark J said:

Nice table! @Denette , but where've you been?

My boss is a hard man to please.  He keeps me working long hours, and I just haven’t had time! 

987569A4-F3D1-4B4D-9DF5-9F0D4EDBB85C.jpeg

2AE34C04-43B7-41B7-AA34-AC5C0602EFB8.jpeg

A circular carcass on top of that base might look very modern.  Be a lot harder to do, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

A circular carcass on top of that base might look very modern.  Be a lot harder to do, though.

Circular dovetails would be very, very interesting!

• Like 2

I was thinking more of bent wood like a drum table, but I like your idea better.   I could see dove tail finger joints done on an angle to create a polygon.  Then he could plane the whole thing down to round.  It would really look like something.  I don't know @Denette you'd better get started on this project before we complicate the design any further :lol:.  

Now see what you've been missing :P.

• Haha 2

On 11/10/2019 at 9:54 AM, Mark J said:

I was thinking more of bent wood like a drum table, but I like your idea better.   I could see dove tail finger joints done on an angle to create a polygon.  Then he could plane the whole thing down to round.  It would really look like something.  I don't know @Denette you'd better get started on this project before we complicate the design any further :lol:.  

Now see what you've been missing :P.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:39 AM, wtnhighlander said:

Circular dovetails would be very, very interesting!

On 11/10/2019 at 7:42 AM, Mark J said:

Woah, now, hold on, hahahaha.  I actually don't have anything in my shop that lends itself to rounded shapes.  The closest I've done is some power carved buttprint barstools.  I actually don't have a lathe (or room for one).  I like my angular forms, haha.

On 11/10/2019 at 5:34 AM, Denette said:

My boss is a hard man to please.  He keeps me working long hours, and I just haven’t had time! 

2AE34C04-43B7-41B7-AA34-AC5C0602EFB8.jpeg

I remember the days when our house floors were covered with such acrudiments.  Thats when I decided it was a good idea to wear slippers instead of bare feet,  Kids are grown and stepping on toys of our grand kids and I am back to bare feet. :D

On 11/10/2019 at 7:38 AM, Denette said:

actually considered making it even crazier by flipping it, but decided the proportions were a bit off.  I may use the idea in a later piece, though.

I really like this look and idea. Like REALLY like it enough I might steal it someday.It kind of has a Nakashima vibe to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

I really like this look and idea. Like REALLY like it enough I might steal it someday.It kind of has a Nakashima vibe to it.

But you should do it with a circular carcass and dovetail finger joints :D.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mark J said:

But you should do it with a circular carcass and dovetail finger joints :D.

Only if the tails are in the round sides. THAT, I'd pay to see! :D