Recommended Posts

So, if you're an older member, what does that make me :lol:

But it's a very nice table. The only (unsolicited) critique I have is that it looks kinda top heavy. How stable is it?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine with the diagonal cross pieces that it very stable! Well done and like the design and the tight dt’s! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Damn, if drzaius is ancient, then me and several others must be fossilized.

Not to high Jack but to only take advantage of the situation, who is the oldest member on here? I’ll go first at 70 yo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

Not to high Jack but to only take advantage of the situation, who is the oldest member on here? I’ll go first at 70 yo. 

77 In December.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mark J said:

Nice table! @Denette , but where've you been?

My boss is a hard man to please.  He keeps me working long hours, and I just haven’t had time! 

987569A4-F3D1-4B4D-9DF5-9F0D4EDBB85C.jpeg

2AE34C04-43B7-41B7-AA34-AC5C0602EFB8.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A circular carcass on top of that base might look very modern.  Be a lot harder to do, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark J said:

A circular carcass on top of that base might look very modern.  Be a lot harder to do, though.

Circular dovetails would be very, very interesting!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking more of bent wood like a drum table, but I like your idea better.   I could see dove tail finger joints done on an angle to create a polygon.  Then he could plane the whole thing down to round.  It would really look like something.  I don't know @Denette you'd better get started on this project before we complicate the design any further :lol:.  

Now see what you've been missing :P.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 9:54 AM, Mark J said:

I was thinking more of bent wood like a drum table, but I like your idea better.   I could see dove tail finger joints done on an angle to create a polygon.  Then he could plane the whole thing down to round.  It would really look like something.  I don't know @Denette you'd better get started on this project before we complicate the design any further :lol:.  

Now see what you've been missing :P.

 

On 11/10/2019 at 9:39 AM, wtnhighlander said:

Circular dovetails would be very, very interesting!

 

On 11/10/2019 at 7:42 AM, Mark J said:

A circular carcass on top of that base might look very modern.  Be a lot harder to do, though.

Woah, now, hold on, hahahaha.  I actually don't have anything in my shop that lends itself to rounded shapes.  The closest I've done is some power carved buttprint barstools.  I actually don't have a lathe (or room for one).  I like my angular forms, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 5:34 AM, Denette said:

My boss is a hard man to please.  He keeps me working long hours, and I just haven’t had time! 

 

2AE34C04-43B7-41B7-AA34-AC5C0602EFB8.jpeg

I remember the days when our house floors were covered with such acrudiments.  Thats when I decided it was a good idea to wear slippers instead of bare feet,  Kids are grown and stepping on toys of our grand kids and I am back to bare feet. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 7:38 AM, Denette said:

actually considered making it even crazier by flipping it, but decided the proportions were a bit off.  I may use the idea in a later piece, though.

I really like this look and idea. Like REALLY like it enough I might steal it someday.It kind of has a Nakashima vibe to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

I really like this look and idea. Like REALLY like it enough I might steal it someday.It kind of has a Nakashima vibe to it.

But you should do it with a circular carcass and dovetail finger joints :D.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mark J said:

But you should do it with a circular carcass and dovetail finger joints :D.

Only if the tails are in the round sides. THAT, I'd pay to see! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Forum Statistics

    28261
    Total Topics
    379725
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    21372
    Total Members
    1529
    Most Online
    Lachlan Chidley
    Newest Member
    Lachlan Chidley
    Joined