The Morley Lounge Chair

Bmac

1 hour ago, derekcohen said:

This is one of three featured in a recent FWW magazine article ...

011277030-main-700x394.jpg

To be blunt, I find these designs very bland. I prefer something less box-like.

Here's a chair I built .... not my design. It is by Hans Wegner ...

The-Chair.jpg

The-Chair.jpg

Wegner was (is) famous for his chair designs. Look him up.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Derek, 

I do love that Hans Wegner chair, you mentioned him to me before and I did look him up. I think I remember you got one of his old chairs and reconstructed it, correct? You did a fabulous job. 

Any chance you have patterns????

Yes, Wegner has some great designs. This is my favourite.

Sorry, no templates. I also deliberately did not post dimensions when I wrote up the build as it is still manufactured under license... but you can read the details of the build here (scan down the page):  http://www.inthewoodshop.com/Furniture/index.html

Regards from Perth

Derek

• Like 2

1 hour ago, derekcohen said:

Yes, Wegner has some great designs. This is my favourite.

Sorry, no templates. I also deliberately did not post dimensions when I wrote up the build as it is still manufactured under license... but you can read the details of the build here (scan down the page):  http://www.inthewoodshop.com/Furniture/index.html

Regards from Perth

Derek

Thanks Derek, it is a great design. I believe I read your post about the build in the past, but I loved reading it a second time. You do a great job with your site.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

So @Bmac what did you go with? I’ve been reading this thread but not saying anything but now the suspense is killing me! :) 

Well I think I want to try the 3rd Maloof chair, but I wanted to talk with the guy that is going to handle the upholstery with some design questions I had. I also have a few projects I’m wrapping up now so as soon as they are off my workbench I’ll start sketching out my plans. I’ve also been researching designs off and on since my last post and I will likely tackle a chair like the Morley design as well, may do the Maloof and Morley at the same time. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the 3rd chair also. But looks are one thing and feel is another. I can never tell by looking if a chair will be comfy. If I sit it it then I know. And I have no chance to sit in a 3rd chair first. But the third chair looks like it should be comfy. What wood will you use to back the upholstery? 

1 hour ago, curlyoak said:

I really like the 3rd chair also. But looks are one thing and feel is another. I can never tell by looking if a chair will be comfy. If I sit it it then I know. And I have no chance to sit in a 3rd chair first. But the third chair looks like it should be comfy. What wood will you use to back the upholstery? 

I'll use Walnut, you can follow my progress on this post.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 82 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Skillfusian
    Newest Member
    Skillfusian