Grizzly right tilt table saw

Chris whelan

Have a wobble in blade, have changed bearings, pully , belts and arbor washer. Used dial indicator,  wobble still there with belts off. Have ground face with router with grinding stone bit. Has to be the arbor itself.  They no longer make it, thanx grizzly.  Any body with this issue, any idea where to get an arbor. Im at my wits end. 

The 1023 and other Grizzly saws went through some redesign to incorporate riving knives.  This was a pretty significant change under the hood.  Once the bearings were changed the focus goes to the arbor itself.  A damaged arbor isn't something that seems like it would develop over time.  I would expect some sort of traumatic event as the cause.  Do you know the history of the saw?

The reason I ask for some more info is to try to look at the value of the machine.  If it was free or low cost perhaps buying another 'basket case' machine would get you the parts you need and still be within a reasonable cost.  Knowing your general location can help members watch out for used machines in your area.  It is surprising what you can find when you have a thousand people looking for you.

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Actually if the saw has no riving knife that would be another reason to explore replacing the saw.

I most emphatically agree. I think a good riving knife & guard are more important safety features than a blade brake. Note the emphasis on good.

Bought it on cregs list for $300 , have another 200 into it. really dont want to abandon it, but im not going to spend 5 to 7 hundred bucks to have a machinist fabricate one eather.  Right tilt saws , the threads are reverse,  you put the blade on the left side. Really kind of pissed that grizzly didnt respond to my lengthy email. Saw also has a nice delta fence on it. I like the saw if not for the damn wobble in blade. Its about 9 thousands off at teeth. 

1 hour ago, Chris whelan said:

Really kind of pissed that grizzly didnt respond to my lengthy email.

Sometimes a phone call is the better way to go, that way you can have a conversation with the tech instead of days of back and forth emailing. 

• Like 2