pkinneb

Quick (I hope) Xmas Gifts

Recommended Posts

Wow these are going to be quite the quick Christmas gifts. I thought that my Quick table and benches was going to be a lot.

You know you only have like a week left right? I'm starting to get worried that finish will be cured in time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Wow these are going to be quite the quick Christmas gifts. I thought that my Quick table and benches was going to be a lot.

You know you only have like a week left right? I'm starting to get worried that finish will be cured in time.

I hear you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it is just a little part of the project but you don't put finish on the kumiko, correct?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chet said:

I know it is just a little part of the project but you don't put finish on the kumiko, correct?

Correct. I’ll spray the boxes and then friction fit the panels in the lids

11 hours ago, Mark J said:

Wow, I can't believe you're going to knock this out for Christmas.  

We shall see :) I need four done for sure my wife’s can be a little late (she’s used to it) and the 6th is an extra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mark J said:

I'm just looking at that Kumiko work and thinking, "man right there that's a week for me, each".  

You and Chestnut.  Must be a Minnesota thing.

Oh I can't hold a candle to Drew that young man puts me to shame LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Wow these are going to be quite the quick Christmas gifts. I thought that my Quick table and benches was going to be a lot.

You know you only have like a week left right? I'm starting to get worried that finish will be cured in time.

The finish just has to be dry to the touch in my case no way it will be cured :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Oh I can't hold a candle to Drew that young man puts me to shame LOL

what's the problem? all you have to do is not sleep and work three times as fast as anyone on here:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chet said:

This is where I would fall by the wayside.  I have a hard time with repetitive tasks.  Over and over doesn't go over real well. :blink:  My hat is off to those that can.

I actually really didn't give it to much thought until i started batching out the pieces this morning...at which point I went why do you do this to yourself LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa! Nut’s defiantly got some competition here! Football or not. I’m with Chet on the repetitiveness. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow the Kumiko looks awesome! Defiantly tedious but the end result is pretty neat.

Are each of the lengths unique or are you able to batch some stuff out? Being able to batch out would make it a lot easier.

2 hours ago, treeslayer said:

what's the problem? all you have to do is not sleep and work three times as fast as anyone on here:lol:

I don't know if I should laugh, be offended, or take this as a compliment :P.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

Wow the Kumiko looks awesome! Defiantly tedious but the end result is pretty neat.

Are each of the lengths unique or are you able to batch some stuff out? Being able to batch out would make it a lot easier.

I don't know if I should laugh, be offended, or take this as a compliment :P.

Yep many are the same or at least very close you start with the same and trim to fit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Wow the Kumiko looks awesome! Defiantly tedious but the end result is pretty neat.

Are each of the lengths unique or are you able to batch some stuff out? Being able to batch out would make it a lot easier.

I don't know if I should laugh, be offended, or take this as a compliment :P.

Compliment all the way Drew!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Would riding the kumiko panels on a flat sled of scrap material help prevent them from grabbing the sander?

Looking great, btw!

Not a bad idea, Thanks!

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.