Shinto rasps

Dave H

Weird I see them in my post, how is that possible? I'm seeing them on my computer maybe they don't show up on a smart phone or something hmmm. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to technology I need my granddaughter to fix whatever I screw up on my I-phone so I'm sure it's something I did wrong. Does anyone else besides me see the photos in my last post?

Just got the rasp.

On 12/18/2019 at 1:51 PM, higtron said:

My only complaint would be I wish there was a half round feature,

I agree. But it is the best flat rasp ever for me. It seems each side has a smooth and coarse, depending on the direction of the stroke.

96A97651-E014-472B-8AE6-EA2C31AF5E42.thumb.jpeg.62367868f967f9a80a46b917c5fc344c.jpeg

I like the package it comes in. It is reusable and could last a long time. And protect the tool.B70D58D9-E51B-4348-830B-A74D91A8C3D9.thumb.jpeg.00d5ccb9a7eccda9e7507d1cafdbe722.jpeg

Everything is in Japanese. Likely to be some useful info. Do they do enough business beyond Japan to create an English version?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

@higtron, do you have a link to making these? 

no I had a plastic on that my daughter and I played with when she was little we always had a good time making up games for it. I was looking through some box's and found it so I thought that would be fun to make everyone one for Christmas I cut some maple 1 1/2" x 10" x 1/4" found the exact center of the blank drilled a 1/16" hole all the way through used a compass to draw a 1" Dia. circle which is the hub cut the shape of the helicopter thingy and with razor knife and chisel defined the hub than I used the Shinto rasp to plane down the blades I had to make a jig to hold the blank so it was supported so it doesn't flex and you have that clamped to the bench and the blank clamped to the jig after you do the first one and make every possible mistake then your an expert like me;) I wish I had taken pictures of the process I'm horrible about that I'll take picture of the jig and shims it would be pretty self explanatory if you saw the jig.