Looking For Cheap Drawer Slides

How cheap is cheap? I don't think I've been able to find soft close for less than $15 per drawer. It doesn't really work to ask for walnut and expect to pay poplar prices.

https://www.wwhardware.com/titus-soft-close-device-for-drawers

The above link is to a soft close mechanism that you would pair with the regular garbage budget slides. (I'm bitter i have 5 failed drawers with those slides in my kitchen and i can't replace them because they are nailed in...)

Otherwise these https://www.wwhardware.com/catalog/product/view/id/24268/s/blum-tandem-edge-series/category/850/ are $15 if you buy more than 8. (with the necesary clips)

Another site with soft close under mount slides.

https://www.woodworkerexpress.com/Undermount-Slides/?sort=price&sort_direction=0

The 12" slides are inexpensive, you could always put a larger drawer on a smaller slide? Not sure if that works with under mount i know it does for side mount. I honestly never use under mount, don't really get the hype.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RonW said:

I used to buy King under mount soft close from HGH hardware

I talked to a salesman at HGH. I told him I was looking for their cheapest soft close, under mount slides. The first thing he said was "If it was my cabinets, I'd want Blum slides".

I told him the low end type of cabinets I am trying to price and he gave me a (wholesale) price of $13.50 for a pair of HGH brand 21" soft close, under mount slides with locking tabs and rear brackets.

I can get the same Blum kit from a local supplier for about $20.

I am interested in the soft close add-on that Chestnut linked as an economical soft close option to offer. -  https://www.wwhardware.com/titus-soft-close-device-for-drawers

The intention I have for my business is to build quality cabinets at a reasonable price. That's where the name Simply Affordable came from. I'm only considering this deal because I'm desperate for work, but I don't want my business name associated with this type of cabinets. I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be and cause more trouble than I gain.

Thanks for the info. thumb.gif.6d2ad02622aa31cc7f213afc7a9a86df.gif

5 hours ago, Minnesota Steve said:

Bah we got the cheap bottom mount euro drawer slides and I just replaced all the rubber bumpers and now they're soft close.   They make a pleasing thump when you close instead of a bang.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NG7RY8

That sounds like how I'd fix my own. :D

Sounds like somebody wanting something nothing...we use the KV but there in the $20's.... your going to have to find a common number on the price and throw it at them. You don't want a deal today, no deal on the glides tomorrow. Get a common price and that's it... there is still time involved in there installation. It's an expensive move either way.?

6 hours ago, BillyJack said:

Sounds like somebody wanting something nothing.........

I have been installing for this dealer for a few years. He tried the Chinese flat pack route for a lower end option to expand his business, and that stuff is such garbage that the assembly and install labor was ridiculous. After so many problems with a few sets he gave up on that idea for about a year

He knows that I am trying to get more business for my shop and that while I am not set up to make the high end, lots of frills cabinets that is his main business, a stripped down version of the more basic cabinets I build could be a way for him to try for that market again, so we are trying to negotiate a design and price that can work for both of us.

Whether this deal works out or not, I will keep installing for him. He's a pretty nice guy and easy to work for..

I think the only way your going to get the price down is to buy bulk. Maybe he is will to front the money to buy bulk to get the discount.when I bought for my cabinet shop it was a 100 or more to get the discounts. More you bought the better the discount. You know the old buy a pallet worth  numbers...

9 hours ago, BillyJack said:

I think the only way your going to get the price down is to buy bulk. Maybe he is will to front the money to buy bulk to get the discount.when I bought for my cabinet shop it was a 100 or more to get the discounts. More you bought the better the discount. You know the old buy a pallet worth  numbers...

I know that bulk buying is the best way, and at other times I saved quite a bit of money doing that, but right now I'm in such a financial bind from very low income in the past couple years I just can't do it, and I'm not going to ask him to front the money. Maybe someday.

I looked at CSH, but didn't see the type of slide I'm needing. Thanks.

1 minute ago, bradpotts said:

They are usually on sale all year. They do the mark up sale gimmick to make it seam like you are always getting a deal. The shipping can bring the price up a bit though. 

I wondered about that. I get business cards and a few other things from VistaPrint. I always wait until I get an email saying they're 50% off to order.

16 hours ago, freedhardwoods said:

I know that bulk buying is the best way, and at other times I saved quite a bit of money doing that, but right now I'm in such a financial bind from very low income in the past couple years I just can't do it, and I'm not going to ask him to front the money. Maybe someday.

Most of the time I require  a 3rd down on cabinet or furniture  jobs. In my area shops get between 1/3-1/2 down. It's just part of doing business. 

17 hours ago, freedhardwoods said:

I'm not going to ask him to front the money.

Why not? It's all part of negotiating a deal that will be beneficial to both of you. He may realise that this would be a way to accomplish what he wants. It's not like you're asking for charity.

55 minutes ago, RonW said:

Most of the time I require  a 3rd down on cabinet or furniture  jobs. In my area shops get between 1/3-1/2 down. It's just part of doing business. 

I meant I wasn't going to ask him to front the money to buy parts in bulk. He already knows I get 50% down before I start a job.

15 minutes ago, drzaius said:

Why not? It's all part of negotiating a deal that will be beneficial to both of you. He may realise that this would be a way to accomplish what he wants. It's not like you're asking for charity.

Him offering this deal is as much or more a favor to me as it is him trying to make a little more money. If we can't come to a price that works for both of us, I doubt if he pursues it anywhere else.

3 hours ago, RonW said:

Cabinet shops never get a 1/3rd down and when I had my shop never got a 1/3rd down.  They can pay  upto 60 days after there installed. Individuals you can ask for money up front for me it was 1/3. Furniture is going to be atleast 50%.... no staple, pin guns or wood putty them projects...

1 hour ago, BillyJack said:

Cabinet shops never get a 1/3rd down and when I had my shop never got a 1/3rd down.  They can pay  upto 60 days after there installed. Individuals you can ask for money up front for me it was 1/3. Furniture is going to be atleast 50%.... no staple, pin guns or wood putty them projects...

Not sure where you get your information from. I worked in a cabinet shop for 18 year’s. We always got a third down. And the same shop now get half down on all jobs. 
And now as a GC I have to pay the cabinet maker and the granite guys before they do any work.