Looking For Cheap Drawer Slides

16 hours ago, RonW said:

Not sure where you get your information from. I worked in a cabinet shop for 18 year’s. We always got a third down. And the same shop now get half down on all jobs. 
And now as a GC I have to pay the cabinet maker and the granite guys before they do any work. 

Not only worked for cabinet shops but owned a cabinet shop. I spent 30 years from 1983 -2013 in commercial and residential shops. I've spent the last 6 years working as a furniture maker for a furniture company and now work for a designer in Kansas City part time as I'm now officially on disability... theres my qualifications...

2 hours ago, Tpt life said:

No offense intended BJ, but you answered the wrong question. He asked where your info comes from. Have all your years been in the same location? 1/2 down is typical here also. Perhaps your market is an outlier? 

I worked Florence, Ala then moved to Kansas City . I've worked Missouri and Kansas. For a short spell i was in the Cabnet Makers union but got out as it wasnt my cup of tea...

Florence is on the corner or Tenn. and Miss....

If you know he builders they will front you money but if I go looking for a large home builder doing complete subdivisions there not going to pay you to miss a dead line. You have to prove yourself to get on a consistant draw.

It's become so productive and cheap that if you can't supplie CNC parts you can't manage the costs enough to get the large jobs. 

The question came up on another as to whether younger cabinet makers are really cabinet makers or just wood grunts...

If your a little back woods and not in the city you can  do more as its not so competitive..

If I work around Odessa you'll get between $10-$18 an hour. In Kansas City it's unlimited...

I work for a designer part time. 5 hours a day 5 days a week when needed. That's my limit..

4 minutes ago, Chip Sawdust said:

I know you asked for bottom slides but these cheap side slides I’ve bought twice with satisfaction:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002IM6BBU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Thanks for the info, but my local cabinet parts supplier delivers good quality 22" side mounts for $54/box. They won't sell low quality slides and that's why I was looking for cheap under mounts.

I think I'm just going to buy Blum under mounts from the local cabinet shop I install for. They buy a pallet of them from our local supplier at discount and I can buy them for just 3 or 4 dollars a pair more than the cheapest I've seen anywhere else.

I guess I didn't realize how good of a price I was getting close to home.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, freedhardwoods said:

I guess I didn't realize how good of a price I was getting close to home.

I've found that the local guy that buys them by the pallet and doesn't have to ship, often has the lowest price. Oddly after moving to the big city prices are more expensive for hardware than when i lived in the middle of no where.

16 minutes ago, freedhardwoods said:

I wouldn't want to live near a big city even if prices were cheaper.

I don't think prices are ever cheaper in cities higher demand means higher prices.

Yeah it sucks.... I don't like it, so i live on the outer fringes. Country living is where it's at, but good engineering jobs are hard to find in the boonies. So I'm gonna make my money and retire to the middle of nowhere sometime in the next 35 years.....