What wood working related item did you get for Christmas?

rainjer

Santa was good to me again this year. What did you get?

I received:

• A plunge base for my Bosch Colt trim router.
  • New digital calipers. (the can display in fractions)
  • Marc' Hybrid Woodworking book
  • A set of brass router template guides
  • Kreg Easy-Set Stop Collar & Material Thickness Gauge/Hex Wrench Kit
  • Shop Tunes noise canceling Bluetooth ear muffs. 

Jeremy

• Like 1

I got:

• Preppin' weapon sanding block
  • Lee Valley Router Plane (stolen off porch, to be reordered)
  • Nakashima's Soul of a Tree
  • Krenov's Impractical Cabinetmaker
  • Woodpeckers mini square
  • magnetic base adjustable LED light

I'll probably use part of my year-end bonus or distribution to buy myself something else, but I haven't decided what yet. Was thinking about a bigger bandsaw, but we will be moving out of state in about 6 months so I'll probably wait until we move to buy any more machinery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnG said:

I got:

• Preppin' weapon sanding block
  • Lee Valley Router Plane (stolen off porch, to be reordered)
  • Nakashima's Soul of a Tree
  • Krenov's Impractical Cabinetmaker
  • Woodpeckers mini square
  • magnetic base adjustable LED light

I'll probably use part of my year-end bonus or distribution to buy myself something else, but I haven't decided what yet. Was thinking about a bigger bandsaw, but we will be moving out of state in about 6 months so I'll probably wait until we move to buy any more machinery.

You got two great books!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bmac said:

You got two great books!

They’ve been on my list for a while and fit in the price range for our gift exchange. :)

2 hours ago, Bmac said:

My list was short and sweet. I received drawing bows (symwtric and asymetric) from Lee Valley. Been on my want list for awhile but couldn't bring myself to pay for them. Thought it was a good gift idea for me. Now I'm ready to design a dozen chairs.

I’ve been wanting those too, but haven’t had a true need for them yet. I’m surprised they are really the only player in the drawing bow game. 

• Like 1

Not exactly woodworking related, but sort of.  And not intended as a Christmas gift to myself, but the timing just worked out.  I had ordered a small vinyl sign cutting setup, to put professional looking labels on my toolboxes, and anywhere else that needed a sign, and it came Christmas Eve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bmac said:

I received drawing bows (symwtric and asymetric) from Lee Valley.

For years I didn't have these and didn't seem to need them. Then I bought them when I needed the symmetrical one fro a project and now I seem to pull them out all the time for different things.  I almost couldn't live with out them now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chet said:

For years I didn't have these and didn't seem to need them. Then I bought them when I needed the symmetrical one fro a project and now I seem to pull them out all the time for different things.  I almost couldn't live with out them now.

I agree! I used wooden yard sticks and a string for a long time. These are definately a step up. 

Well, it won't be for this Christmas, but with my recent dual Lee Valley gift card score, I've come up with a cunning plan. 

I will use my funds carefully over the coming year so I will have plenty left over for next years Black Friday factory seconds sale. They are typically around 20% off. If I stack that with the 15% off that my gift cards have, that's around a 35% saving of regular price. Can't beat that. B)

• Like 1