What wood working related item did you get for Christmas?

rainjer

I had a 20% off coupon for Rockler that was good till Dec 24 so I did buy this alignment guage.

https://www.rockler.com/betterley-una-gauge-universal-alignment-and-adjustment-gauge

Otherwise not much.  I only bought this now because the coupon was expiring.  I'm hoping that the dial indicator it comes with is better than the crappy cheap one I bought before.  

I picked up the veritas sharpening Mk 2 system. Trying to improve my sharpening consistency, quality, and speed. First impression, I really like the Cam system that lets you switch to adding a micro bevel quickly. once I get all my blades switched over to these angles, it should be really nice working with it.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Get in the habit of checking the cam position frequently.  It's a bummer to finish putting on the main bevel then realize that the cam was in the micro position the whole time.  :o

If I had a dollar for every time I forgot to check that...

On 1/1/2020 at 12:45 PM, Mark J said:

Get in the habit of checking the cam position frequently.  It's a bummer to finish putting on the main bevel then realize that the cam was in the micro position the whole time.  :o

Ugh I just did this to my new #5 plane after getting it.  

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...