rainjer

What wood working related item did you get for Christmas?

I got a 50” Bessey parallel clamp. Glad I didn’t get around to building a clamp rack before Christmas. Round 3 is tomorrow, after that I may need to go buy a 2nd clamp so I have a pair. 

I had a 20% off coupon for Rockler that was good till Dec 24 so I did buy this alignment guage.

https://www.rockler.com/betterley-una-gauge-universal-alignment-and-adjustment-gauge

Otherwise not much.  I only bought this now because the coupon was expiring.  I'm hoping that the dial indicator it comes with is better than the crappy cheap one I bought before.  

I picked up the veritas sharpening Mk 2 system. Trying to improve my sharpening consistency, quality, and speed. First impression, I really like the Cam system that lets you switch to adding a micro bevel quickly. once I get all my blades switched over to these angles, it should be really nice working with it.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Get in the habit of checking the cam position frequently.  It's a bummer to finish putting on the main bevel then realize that the cam was in the micro position the whole time.  :o

If I had a dollar for every time I forgot to check that...

7 minutes ago, drzaius said:

If I had a dollar for every time I forgot to check that...

We could fund a university.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 12:45 PM, Mark J said:

Get in the habit of checking the cam position frequently.  It's a bummer to finish putting on the main bevel then realize that the cam was in the micro position the whole time.  :o

Ugh I just did this to my new #5 plane after getting it.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Ugh I just did this to my new #5 plane after getting it.  

Welcome to the club Andy, and the forum B)

14 hours ago, drzaius said:

Welcome to the club Andy, and the forum B)

Thanks! I've been lurking for a bit, but really got into woodworking this past year. Still lots to learn, but loving it.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Still lots to learn, but loving it.

we are all learning Andy and you can tell we all love to be in the shop, welcome

• Like 2

I got wood-mounted milling cutters from my wife, and these are mainly drawings from my children and books. My wife’s mother made the best Christmas present, she didn’t come. Best Christmas ever.

• Like 1