WTB: Freud FT2000e part

collinb

Collin, you can also buy acrylic in whatever thickness, and make your own.  I've made several bases for my routers from 3/8ths thick acrylic, with and without fences and handles which make control of your router considerably easier. And being clear, you have a better view of what your bit is doing.

• Like 1

Ereplacementparts.com doesn't have Freud.

Waiting for a reply back from freudtools.com.

I have already added the expense of parts for the Leigh so the generic base, one which I have, is out of the question. Unless I want to not use the other things that I bought...

I'll have to look into some acrylic material off correct thickness. It's probably out there.

Thanks all.

Thickness is not important, longer screws are available to replace stock screws. And making an exact copy isn't necessary. The only point that matters is the screw holes.  You can make the base as large as you want. You can add handles, or a fence or two fences.  You can make any modification you may think you need.  For that matter, you can make a half dozen bases with different purposes and switch them out as you need them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I frequently have to change my underwear with my router, but that's usually because i got more out my router than I was planning on.

Uh, wouldn't changing from underwear to router, make your pants stick out and be heavy as hell?

• Haha 2

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    FaithMoody
    Newest Member
    FaithMoody