How is Covid19 affecting you?

TerryMcK

That's great.  News reports say that New Yorkers are doing something similar, but the idea hasn't caught on in the Chicago metro area.

Our Governor has extended the Illinois stay at home order till the end of May.  Masks are now required for public encounters (where we're supposed to get them from is less clear). 

The Governor is allowing some businesses to re-open with limitations, usually it has to be a curbside transaction.  Fortunately or unfortunately barbers are not among those businesses.  Difficult to do curbside without a convertible.  

I had to comb my hair yesterday for the first time since I went to a crew cut 8 years ago. 

Oddly, my comb was right where I'd left it, so there's that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Coop said:

According to our governor, we will be opening up the restaurants, movie theaters and malls on 5-1-20 with restrictions. According to our county guru, we have to wear face masks for the next 30 days. Gonna be hell sucking a steak thru a mask! ;)

A blender and a straw Coop. Problem solved.

• Haha 2

I often get grief from residents because of projects that I design and work on. Covid has turned the dial up to 11 on that. Any little additional inconvenience in their life results in them calling mayors, lawyers, the governor, or anyone that will listen to them about how I'm making their life unmanageable (the irony is the project is in their best interest and will greatly benefit them). People have been using it as an excuse to try and halt construction. Cities have tried to accommodate and then get sued for breach of contract by the contractors. It's kinda wild out there.

57 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Any little additional inconvenience in their life results in them calling mayors, lawyers, the governor, or anyone that will listen to them about how I'm making their life unmanageable

In California we call these people N.I.M.B.Y.'s

I can usually sweet talk those people they mostly aren't bad to deal with. The pandemic ones just think the shut down made everything illegal and that any agreement made before the pandemic is null and void.

To be fair to them we did shut off their water for 6 hours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Pretty sure I'd get a little testy over that, too. 

Yeah it's the sucky part. but it's 6 hours once or4 hours every time the water main failed and they had to do an expensive emergency repair which was happening yearly. By design it was supposed to be done during work hours so minimal people were impacted.... then covid happened and well, like I told them covid isn't a legal excuse i can use to violate a contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Got a letter form my insurance company today telling us they took 15% off the last month and this month's premiums. Yay - I've only drive one of three rigs so yeah, their risk is pretty darn low.

Received a similar letter from our insurance company today, most major companies are doing this I heard

We're definitely getting less mail.  I'm ok with that...the amount of junk mail always irks us.  

We were noticed in early April that our auto insurance would get a 15% credit for the months of April and May.  At the rate we're going and how little we're driving (we're getting about 2 weeks to the gallon) I wouldn't be surprised if additional credits are coming.