TerryMcK

How is Covid19 affecting you?

I haven't seen my kids & grand kids for 2 weeks now & it's killin' me. Facetime & phone help, but it isn't the same. Especially on the weekends when we usually have a grand child over for the whole weekend. They range from 11 - 17 now & are a blast to hang with.

I am working from home for the first time today. Another employee went in to work this morning, only to discover (after arriving) that the aunt he had been taking griceries to, and helping around the house, was just diagnosed with covid-19. Now half the plant is shut down, workforce sent home for the day (with pay, at least), while all the areas he passed through are disinfected. 

Latest for us is that I can no longer attend my wife's ultrasound appointments. This really bums me out considering they're our first children (and we don't plan to have more than the twins!).

3 hours ago, drzaius said:

I haven't seen my kids & grand kids for 2 weeks now & it's killin' me. Facetime & phone help, but it isn't the same. Especially on the weekends when we usually have a grand child over for the whole weekend. They range from 11 - 17 now & are a blast to hang with.

That would be tough!

3 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

I am working from home for the first time today. Another employee went in to work this morning, only to discover (after arriving) that the aunt he had been taking griceries to, and helping around the house, was just diagnosed with covid-19. Now half the plant is shut down, workforce sent home for the day (with pay, at least), while all the areas he passed through are disinfected. 

Oh man that sucks! It gets real quick when its someone you know for sure. One of my co workers healthy 32 year old son is in a medically induced coma trying to fight the Covid19 off.

1 hour ago, VizslaDad said:

Latest for us is that I can no longer attend my wife's ultrasound appointments. This really bums me out considering they're our first children (and we don't plan to have more than the twins!).

While I totally understand your disappointment its probably the right thing to do. Been a while but I certainly remember those appts, I feel for ya man.

Hang in there folks...this to shall pass...stay safe!

• Like 1

One positive about this is my dog is certainly getting a lot more attention. However, that also means with the oncoming tick season we'll need to be twice as vigilant because she's playing outside twice as much! I picked two off her already today.

@spanky you been unaturally quiet for a long while.  We thought maybe you were taking another vacation, this time an Italian cruise. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

In Tennessee we have 1,203 case’s as of today. The number one automaker here, has shut down the two plants in Tennessee. So my wife is here at the house, Spanky and I are trying to hide from her. :D

I've met her... You have good reason to hide.  Spanky doesn't.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Coop said:

strapped an 8’ 2x4 to my back

We’ve been told to imagine an outstretched arm holding a broom. I think the 8’ 2x4 idea is much better.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coop said:

I figured his wife took his keypad away:D.

Coop, she want let me have the ipad anymore. I may need to go buy my own ipad. :D

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Coop, she want let me have the ipad anymore. I may need to go buy my own ipad. :D

You're gonna have to sell some pallet wood first.

16 minutes ago, RichardA said:

You're gonna have to sell some pallet wood first.

I took a load of pallet cant’s (4”x6”) (4”x8”) and lumber off this morning, but it maybe my last load. He said 4 factories have closed that he makes pallet’s for. 

8 hours ago, VizslaDad said:

One positive about this is my dog is certainly getting a lot more attention. However, that also means with the oncoming tick season we'll need to be twice as vigilant because she's playing outside twice as much! I picked two off her already today.

I was surprised we have had them on our pups as well, started Frontline this week

We have had two or three articles in the news papers asking people to not use paper towels in place of TP.  It doesn't dissolve the way TP does and can really muck up the sewer systems. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chet said:

We have had two or three articles in the news papers asking people to not use paper towels in place of TP.  It doesn't dissolve the way TP does and can really muck up the sewer systems. 

Ollie with the YouTube account “Drain Addict” jets about 20% fat, 50% tree roots, and 30% wet wipes. 

23 hours ago, VizslaDad said:

That certainly is a bummer. They know you two have been in contact right? Is she at least able to FaceTime you while she's there?

3 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

Went to the store early this morning. We’re rich!

As in you had to be rich to afford it?

2 hours ago, Chet said:

The stuff gets wrapped around the blades/impellers of the sewage pumps and can lock them up tight. Someone has to manually remove the debris.... that person is generally really grumpy. the swiffer mop pads are the worst offenders. The few guys I've talked to said you'd also be shocked at how much cash gets flushed, just don't tell your bank teller where you found that soggy bill....

• Haha 1