Fingerboard did its job - use one!

rodger.

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

I'm going to troll and say this is a job for a band saw and using the proper tool is also a good safety measure.

All trolling aside, it looks to be some sort of molding and may require a finer cut at this point then one gets from the bandsaw

I don't know if @Roger was using one, but I don't believe a push stick that just makes contact with the stock at the pack should ever be used because they allow the front end to rise up, leading to kickback. Maybe there are cases where one is called for, but I can't think of one. It surprises me that the saw manufacturers are still supplying them with a new saw, cause I think they're just dangerous.

1 hour ago, drzaius said:

I don't know if @Roger was using one, but I don't believe a push stick that just makes contact with the stock at the pack should ever be used because they allow the front end to rise up, leading to kickback. Maybe there are cases where one is called for, but I can't think of one. It surprises me that the saw manufacturers are still supplying them with a new saw, cause I think they're just dangerous.

I questioned that as well and totally agree. The little wishbone push stick is just asking for the front of the board to rise. Not saying that he was using one but if he was, the rounded top just makes it that much worse. I agree @rodger., glad you are ok and yep, the featherboard went a long way in keeping you safe.