Best combo blade

Freud industrial blades are very good for their cost. I use separate rip/crosscut blades now but was happy with the results of my Freud combo blade before switching. Diablo blades are OK but the industrial line is much better for not much more money. 

• Like 1

Forrest Woodworker II is a great choice for a single blade. I much prefer Freud separates for all of my fine woodworking and keep the WWII primarily for sheet goods. FWIW you can buy 2 Freud industrial blades one glue line rip and one crosscut for the same money and IMHO get better cut quality.

I've had expensive Forrest blades, I've had cheap blades that come with saws. unless your using a blade that is obviously junk i don't know that there is much difference. Get one that has thicker carbide and can be resharpened. Forrest, Freud, CMT, Ridge carbide, Infinity, & many more. Just find the one in your budget. Find a company locally that will sharpen saw blades and keep your blades clean and sharp. This alone has the biggest impact. Cleaning is a once per large project for me.

I prefer Freud Industrial they are a great balance of cost and quality. I have a forrest woodworker II and never use it i don't think their quality matches their price.

• 1 month later...