Wood choice for black & white picture frames

Just Bob

My wife and I were doing our quarantine thing the other day and cleaned out some storage boxes.  We "discovered" 3 b&w photographs that I have had stored for years.  These are professional pics that were bought when I was a kid and my family lived in Kenya (in 1956).  They have never been framed and it is time.  The wood types I have chosen are curly maple or walnut,  I will probably do an inlay of one or the other, but I am having trouble picking which should be the primary wood.  What would you pick?  The matting is yellowing I will probably re-mat but haven't made my mind up on that.  All three are similar in style.

DSC_0004.JPG

• Like 1

I like sapele too. But I think if it sits on sapele furniture it will blend in and not be distinctive. And that does not matter. She wants sapele. For your own good make it  sapele.

I think you might guess I would choose curly quartered white oak, book matched. Framed with walnut 

• Like 1