Grateful for advice - oak doors

I’d be v grateful for some expert advice! 
Finally getting around to finishing some engineered oak doors with some danish oil. Brought unfinished - I think - and lightly sanded off some marks - mainly finger grime - before using the danish oil. The sanded areas, however, are discoloured compared to the rest of the door. Used a clear danish, thinking that was best. Oh Lordy. 10 more doors and I’ve already hit a problem on the first. Tried a couple of coats but issue persists. Should the whole door be sanded, I’d that the problem? 

Thank you, enormously, in advance. 

1511C087-E83D-4150-8D3B-68351A2666F4.jpeg

8B88E9BE-E996-481C-93EE-69AEB32FE751.jpeg

17CF950A-D8E2-420F-A713-9DD9896D171E.jpeg

27 minutes ago, curlyoak said:

On the last picture the hung door looks upside-down.

I also had thought that on first glance but if you were to take the top panel out and replace it with an arts & craft style leaded pane then to me the door is in the right orientation.   I think the fact that it is a wood panel instead of glass kind of throws the thinking off.  Arts & Crafts entry doors have a similar style to it as the one above.

7 minutes ago, Chet said:

I also had thought that on first glance but if you were to take the top panel out and replace it with an arts & craft style leaded pane then to me the door is in the right orientation.   I think the fact that it is a wood panel instead of glass kind of throws the thinking off.  Arts & Crafts entry doors have a similar style to it as the one above.

It’s the handle in the top third rather than the bottom third that draws the eye. 

We have some solid oak doors in that style being made in our shop at the moment.

I like the design and they are hung correctly!

As mentioned before, ssnding could be required but with extreme caution. Also, your abrasive is going to clog like crazy.

I would also look to use OSMO Poly X oil.

• Like 1