Router for router table

Yeah. They didn't have a distributor or agent in Europe or the UK even though they used to have a website where you could buy the gear. That no longer exists either. I know some guys who had PC equipment and when they needed spare parts they got:

"Thank you for visiting the Porter-Cable website.
Unfortunately we have no representation in Europe and do not ship overseas.

Regards,
End User Services"

This was despite the ability to buy brand new tools. I'm going back to about 2006 now though.

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...

I would have suggested Porter Cable 7518 it's the ideal router to use on a router table. But as TerryMcK mentioned it's no longer available in the UK. Now I'll suggest you to go with either Bosch Or Dewalt 618. Both have great speed controls and can be used as handheld and table mounted. Though you should always have a router fixed to your table. On a side note Triton TRA001 router can be a great alternative it comes with a built in lift but bit expensive. Each of the routers mentioned here have positive and negative. 

Edited by ..Kev
Linking

On 5/27/2020 at 8:04 PM, Chip Sawdust said:

I don't use any router daily, or weekly. I have a Bosch 1617 in my table that does everything I need it to do. The 3+ HP routers are monsters though; you won't overload them. Then again, come to think of it, I've never overloaded my 1617.

You can overland using panel bits especially when you've ran a few...

• Like 2

Man, I am following this thread because I got the Mast-R-Lift a few months ago. I put one of my PC 890 motors in it and love it. I was thinking about upgrading to a 3 1/2 hp motor, but prices are ridiculous ($5-600, when you can find one) for the major brands. I'll probably just keep my PC in there until I hit the lotto or my inheritance comes in.  

Sure would have liked that Jessem PowRTek setup.

2 hours ago, fcschoenthal said:

Man, I am following this thread because I got the Mast-R-Lift a few months ago. I put one of my PC 890 motors in it and love it. I was thinking about upgrading to a 3 1/2 hp motor, but prices are ridiculous ($5-600, when you can find one) for the major brands. I'll probably just keep my PC in there until I hit the lotto or my inheritance comes in.  

Sure would have liked that Jessem PowRTek setup.

A 30 second Google search finds the big Milwaukee 5625 for $369 and in stock at a half dozen outlets. It's an excellent router.

• Like 1