Frame For A Black and White Photo

Coop

A friend gave me this old pic and I’d like to make a frame or it. Would any of you that has made a frame for a b&w pic, please post a picture of it? My available wood options are walnut, butternut, maple and cherry.

F38D1BF6-5A37-431D-A3BE-1C5FD70E3746.thumb.jpeg.437b02b74770ba809654a134037df624.jpeg

Thanks guys. This pic is covered with what looks like a very thin sheet of some kind of poly material and mounted on a piece of 1/4” black hardboard and looks like it was meant to be displayed as is. But me having a ts and a miter sled and some pieces of wood, it just seemed natural to want to build a frame, but with no matting involved. But I didn’t want by happenstance, someone to say, oh what a nice frame but not see the pic. Chet, I bet spell check changed from the intended Wenge, which echos from others, a combination of light and dark woods. And I do have a piece of that, just about long enough for the accent piece. As there will be no glass involved, maybe a few test pieces are in order. Thanks Kev for the pic and others for your input. 

• Like 1

@Chet, I did a thin outside and a thinner inside strip of Wenge with maple sandwiched in between. I would like to put a light chamfer to the outside edge. With the talk about splinters with the Wenge, are there concerns about routing the chamfer? 

It can get dicey at your corners.  Depending on how much of a chamfer you want I would do one of two things. just do the chamfer with a sanding block or block plane.  If you have to use the router I would do it in multiple light passes.

• Like 1