New Bridge City Miter Gauge

Mick S

2 hours ago, drzaius said:

Why not (honest question)? I use my Incra 1000 for precision stuff & it is dead spot on. I'm sure the Bridge City is at least as good.

I agree with this. I love my 1000hd because I can set it to 45* and know that my picture frame miters will be spot on, and then I can quickly change it back to 90* for normal crosscuts and know those will be spot on too. I have used some other odd angles and they’ve been correct on the first try.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mick S said:

You should see my sled room! Organized by degree and blade width. 

We are adding onto our house 500 sq. ft. For a new bathroom and patio. I would bet it’s too late to try and convince my wife that I need more storage room instead! In fact, for my well being, I better not even ask! 

• Haha 1

I have the Incra 1000HD and use it often. I also have 4 or 5 sleds for various operations. I'm seriously thinking of getting a 5000 The BCT looks great, but the 5000 looks like it has the advantages of a sled and the adjustability of a miter gauge.

• Like 1

@Mick S if you mean that you have the 1000HD miter guage alone and are looking to get the 5000 because it is mounted to the "red boards", the 1000 HD can be mounted to the boards, and these can be purchased separately.  I bought mine as a set, so I have my 1000HD mounted.

45 minutes ago, Mark J said:

@Mick S if you mean that you have the 1000HD miter guage alone and are looking to get the 5000 because it is mounted to the "red boards", the 1000 HD can be mounted to the boards, and these can be purchased separately.  I gought mine as a set, but I have my 1000HD mounted.

Thanks Mark. Good idea!

• 2 months later...

I bought the incra 1000d awhile ago and hate using it compared to my sled. This may be because I have a small dewalt job site saw that doesn’t have a big table? I find with the incra only having one rail and being shorter I can’t cut wide pieces well also it’s so heavy it tips back when you pull it to the rear. 
Should I have bought an incra 5000? I’ll probably upgrade to a bigger table saw this year with more space but I will say the sled made that little dewalt a very nice setup 

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

Is your Incra miterguage mounted to the red boards, which makes it very much like a sled?  In any case, if a new saw is an imminent purchase I'd wait to check the Incra you have on the saw you get before deciding what direction to go. 

No the 1000 did not come with a red board I thought that was the difference between 1000 and 5000?

maybe I can buy the board separate 

1 hour ago, Freddie said:

How are those Harvey machines? I have never heard of them until today. Of course, I have also been living under a rock for the past few years so you must excuse me.:rolleyes:

Yes. They've been making and selling woodworking machines that, until recently, were marketed under different names - Laguna and Jet I believe, to name a couple. After they bought Bridge City Tools they decided to go under their own label.

• Like 1