Pocket Screws for 17.5MM Plywood

Hi.

I am using a Kreg Foreman DB210 for pocket screws. I have Baltic Birch Plywood that is 17.5mm.

I used the 3/4" setting for the fence and backed the bit off from the gauge block around 1/32", maybe a little less and the screw is shy of poking out the side of the wood by around 1/32". I checked this by putting the screw in, but not attaching the second piece and instead put the second piece against the screw to check the depth. When I screw it together and tightened it down good, it does not poke out.

I am using the 1.25" Kreg screws.

Is this ok with 1/32" cover over the tip of the screw? I tried about a dozen tests and none poke out.

thanks,

Mike

Pocket screws with Kreg jigs are deisgn so that the screw exits the drilled piece of plywood at the center of its thickness.  This give the best connection.  From what you describe you should be just about dead center.  I assue that the 1/32" that you are describing is the distance from the tip of the screw to the edge of the  second (undrilled) piece.  I think that if  youcame out the of first piece daed center that the 1/32" should not be a problem.