New look and feel

wtnhighlander

38 minutes ago, drzaius said:

I really hope the photo orientation thing gets fixed. Sawmill Creek has had that problem for years (their software is antiquated) & it makes the site kinda horrible to use.

The AVS forum had this issue but it was fixed with their recent update. I had to open my pics in paint and resave them, it worked here as well, but it's a PITA so hopefully they get it fixed. 

So I am having an issue being able to reply to topics from an iPad after this new update. I do most of my forum visits off an iPad running IOS 9.3.4, and since it is almost 13 years old they stopped doing updates for it.  I wonder if after the update there are restrictions on what operating systems can be used.  I find it weird that the only thing I can't do is write a reply, if it was a minimum OS requirement I would think that it wouldn't load or would look completely different.  From my laptop, where I am typing this it is working fine, it also has the same look as my iPad.  I have attached a photo showing where the reply box would be.  I also have the same issue when trying to start a topic or send a personal message.

WTO Issue.jpg

5 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I wonder if the web browser is more of a factor than operating system. Can you try a different web browser?

I looked and most of the alternative browsers require higher versions than what I’m able to upgrade to. Since this isn’t an app, find it hard to believe that the only thing you aren’t able to do is write anything. 

I've changed to night as the "Clean" theme seemed to make everything on the top banner go dark and difficult to read.

I would have thought night mode would make everything white text on a black background? Use less power on tablets etc. However is just plain old white background with black text....hmm!

Experimenting further, I texted the Osmo photo to myself, saved the received image and posted that:

20200902_2057341.thumb.jpg.94549c42438972182ae9eadee5c95a25.jpg

And it's upside right.  So there's a work around. 

This is the process I used to have to go through with older versions of the forum software in order to get the image size reduced for posting.  So I can say it gets to be a super PITA. 

The forum update before this recent one solved the downsize problem.  I'm still hoping this orientation problem can be solved with some setting change somewhere.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Anyone know how to access notifications and messages in tbe mobile view? I can open them if a notice pops up, but can't find a way to go back to them without switch to the desktop site, which doesn't adapt to small screens well at all.

If you choose the “night” theme at the very bottom of the screen, the header banner and pancake stack from the older version are returned to the top. Under the pancake stack you can get to the notifications view by clicking the bell icon. 

• Thanks 1