Festool & Rockler

Lee Valley had a falling out with Festool a few years ago. They suddenly cleared the shelves of everything Festool, then a few months later they were back. I'm sure there's some drama behind these moves.

I would be willing to guess that Festool makes demands trying to get a bigger bite of a company's sales and when the company calls their bluff Festool pulls their stuff... for a while until they realize that they aren't going to get to bully their way and then bring their product back.  Just a guess.  

The story I heard a few years ago was that Festool was having one of it's rare sales.  Rockler, or at least one of the stores, had allowed a customer to buy the item at the sale price a day early, so Festool pulled out of Rockler.  Probably they have come to some reconciliation or Rockler has served it's time out.  

2 hours ago, Chet said:

I would be willing to guess that Festool makes demands trying to get a bigger bite of a company's sales and when the company calls their bluff Festool pulls their stuff... for a while until they realize that they aren't going to get to bully their way and then bring their product back.  Just a guess.  

If I had to choose a bad guy in a dust up between Lee Valley & Festool, I'd guess it would be Festool.

31 minutes ago, JohnG said:

Wasn’t there some drama with Marc’s deal with Festool back in the day? I like their stuff but I think they drink a bit too much of their own kool-aid. 

I remember when he dumped most of his Festool stuff. Being a classy guy, he wouldn't lay any blame or say anything bad about Festool though.