Help with Kitchen Sink

Recommended Posts

Hopefully one of you will know what I'm looking at.  We have a stainless steel sink in the kitchen.  On the bottom of the underside of the sink there is thick stiff rubbery mat which was glued in place and has now partially come off.


Does anyone know what this is? Why it's there?  And any idea how to put it back on?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Coop said it's so when you drop something into the sink it deadens the sound so it won't sound like your dropping it in a tin box, but I would use construction adhesive like Liquid Nails cut some scrap just shy of going the bottom of the cabinet to the bottom of the sink so you can use some wedges to hold it till the glue dry's

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.