Clamp rack under work bench

treesner

Anyone done a clamp rack under the workbench? 

id like to add a big 4x8 outfeed table to the center of my shop for glue ups but realized there goes the efficiency of grabbing my clamps from the clamp rack (would now have to walk back and forth). Thinking maybe some kind of horizontal slide out type of thing to grab clamps from under the table ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Sounds like a reasonable idea, if you really need a table that large. Personally, I would find a collection of 2'x4' tables more useful, and easier to navigate around.

I basically need to be able to cut up 4x8 sheets with the track saw and sometimes jig saw. I guess a 2x4 table could still work 

2 minutes ago, BillyJack said:

Are you sure you want a 4x8 table. I've worked aro8nd 4x8 tables my who career and it's exercise alone just walking around that table. Have you considereal a smaller table and a larger outfeed on your tablesaw. That'd were I do my larger frames....

I have a hand tool work bench already so this is just for glue ups and sheet goods/bigger projects 

I basically need to be able to cut up 4x8 sheets with the track saw and sometimes jig saw. I guess a 2x4 table could still work 

My table top is 36x68. It's pretty much handled everything. I build my base cabinets on the floor. The catch all on the ends remove to give an edge to clamp to. I have catch all on all my benches work or home. When I need to clear the bench quick I push all current tools in them . Love em...After 30 years working in cabinet shops you can see with old age I've tried to get everything in arms reach. 

table1a.jpg

user323_pic12273_1518960330.jpg

user323_pic12265_1518960330.jpg

20191228_120927.jpg.8cb782f16797b6375770e872129e905f.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BillyJack said:

My table top is 36x68. It's pretty much handled everything. I build my base cabinets on the floor. The catch all on the ends remove to give an edge to clamp to. I have catch all on all my benches work or home. When I need to clear the bench quick I push all current tools in them . Love em...After 30 years working in cabinet shops you can see with old age I've tried to get everything in arms reach. 

table1a.jpg

user323_pic12273_1518960330.jpg

user323_pic12265_1518960330.jpg

20191228_120927.jpg.8cb782f16797b6375770e872129e905f.jpg

ever use a track saw + 4x8 plywood on that table? I'm basically trying to get that big step off the ground how ii do it now on the ground with a insulation board 

3 hours ago, treesner said:

ever use a track saw + 4x8 plywood on that table? I'm basically trying to get that big step off the ground how ii do it now on the ground with a insulation board 

My bench is 7'x30" and I wanted a way to cut ply without trying to balance the cutoff.  So I made detachable wings for the bench.   The wings are made to be sacrificial, but usually use insulation board.  Just depends on if I am being lazy that day.

DSC_0667.JPG

DSC_0668.JPG

• Like 1