Black Friday

curlyoak

The stores are starting earlier. Better because of virus. The home depot deals are not as good as years before. Usually I would buy batteries this time of year. Lucky I don't need any as I have some in bubble packs. Before they were half off.  Now 20 to 35. Maybe they will offer lower prices before the season ends. Black Friday is getting gray.

• Like 1

They've already started here as well.

I bought an M18 metal cutting circular saw to replace the old one that crapped out after 6 years (it gets a lot of abuse). Also got an M18 5/8" SDS rotary hammer to replace one that "Ida Know" left on some job site. Both were on for a decent, but not great, price.

1 hour ago, curlyoak said:

The home depot deals are not as good as years before. .

I guess it depends on what you're looking for.  For me the power tools sales have been great this year.  I've spent more on this year's BF deals than the past 5+ years of BF deals.   Already got both Dewalt and Milwaukee cordless routers, Milwaukee brad nailer and jigsaw, Bosch SDS.  And most likely not done yet.  If you can't tell I'm not brand loyal :)  Whoever has the best deal for a given tool gets my business.

7 hours ago, curlyoak said:

I like to stay with one brand. That way I need one charger and the batteries interchange.

Same here. I have about a dozen M18 batteries, but 2 of my yard tools, a weed whacker & hedge trimmer, are Dewalt, so I have a constant minor annoyance of having 2 systems.

YMMV deal.  Anyone looking for a Sawzall?  Great deal.  Not sure if order will get cancelled but I gave it a try.  If you order 2 and use code MKE2610 it's another 10% off.  If it goes through I'll sell or gift the other saw and have an extra 8ah battery.  Never heard of the company but posts from others on SD say they've ordered from them before.  I used paypal so I feel pretty safe.  YMMV

https://slickdeals.net/f/14526236-milwaukee-2722-20-48-11-1880-108-00-cordless-reciprocating-saw-w-battery#comments

On 11/8/2020 at 11:07 PM, curlyoak said:

I like to stay with one brand. That way I need one charger and the batteries interchange.

I used to feel that way as well.  But then I found I can pay Ryobi prices for Milwaukee tools when the right deal comes around and I decided to live with the extra hassle of having multiple battery platforms.

56 minutes ago, jussi said:

YMMV deal.  Anyone looking for a Sawzall?  Great deal.  Not sure if order will get cancelled but I gave it a try.  If you order 2 and use code MKE2610 it's another 10% off.  If it goes through I'll sell or gift the other saw and have an extra 8ah battery.  Never heard of the company but posts from others on SD say they've ordered from them before.  I used paypal so I feel pretty safe.  YMMV

https://slickdeals.net/f/14526236-milwaukee-2722-20-48-11-1880-108-00-cordless-reciprocating-saw-w-battery#comments

Site says the deal has expired.

3 hours ago, curlyoak said:

Home depot is running a pre black friday sale. I bought 5 aluminum platform 20h 47L 12d with folding legs normal $69 on sale for 24. Batteries will have a bigger discount later. A manager spilled the beans.

I bought two of those today, too.  It's a good design that folds up so thin.  I have a couple of different ones, but they take up a lot more room.  I didn't walk through the sale area, on purpose, but they had those right inside the contractors entrance.

It was pretty effective marketing.  I was so impressed with those little platforms, that I went back and looked at the rest of the Gorilla ladders.  I ended up taking one of the platform step ones that has platforms at 4, and 5 feet (might be 3 and 4).  I get tired fast standing on a step ladder, and this was comfortable, and folded up to not take up much space.

14 hours ago, Tom King said:

I bought two of those today, too.  It's a good design that folds up so thin.  I have a couple of different ones, but they take up a lot more room.  I didn't walk through the sale area, on purpose, but they had those right inside the contractors entrance.

17 hours ago, curlyoak said:

Home depot is running a pre black friday sale. I bought 5 aluminum platform 20h 47L 12d with folding legs normal $69 on sale for 24. Batteries will have a bigger discount later. A manager spilled the beans.

Thanks guys I picked one of these up as well for $24 it will definitely come in handy

On 11/10/2020 at 8:54 AM, jussi said:

when the right deal comes around and I decided to live with the extra hassle of having multiple battery platforms.

This costs time and space. Every square foot of space in my shop is valuable. Although every shop I have had has been bigger than the previous, it never is enough. I also believe there is a time benefit. I work for hire, customers frequently hirer me by the hour. There are people with situations when time is not an issue. Even if I am working for me I like to be efficient.

Also I need 2 batteries more than I have tools. Multiple brands might lead me to 6 or 8 extra batteries...

5 hours ago, curlyoak said:

This costs time and space. Every square foot of space in my shop is valuable. Although every shop I have had has been bigger than the previous, it never is enough. I also believe there is a time benefit. I work for hire, customers frequently hirer me by the hour. There are people with situations when time is not an issue. Even if I am working for me I like to be efficient.

Also I need 2 batteries more than I have tools. Multiple brands might lead me to 6 or 8 extra batteries...

I guess it’s a matter of perspective. I’m a hobbiest so For me my tools almost never leave the house so getting a different brand battery or forgetting to bring the wrong bat is not a problem.  There are just some tools I wouldn’t get if I had to pay msrp and some brands might never put that specific tool on sale. In any case it works for me but I understand it’s not for everyone.