Sam Maloof prototype rocker build

Wow, so glad you joined the conversation @Randall Child!! As you probably noticed I'm a Maloof fan, but the fact that you knew him is really cool. Love your chairs and I'd be very interesting in seeing more of your work.

Also, I am very interested in learning more about the joinery Maloof used in certain situations. I've studied his work and sometimes I can't figure out how he put things together. Through you relationship with him is this something you learned more about? When I tackled the lounge chair I had very little to go off of and I'm not sure how off base I was with my construction techniques.  I have a few projects I want to tackle and it would be awesome if I could pick your brain as I'm developing them. 

Thanks.. I'd be happy to answer whatever questions you may have.  I knew Sam well and spent some good amount of time with him.  I also knew all 3 of his helpers and still stay in touch with 2 of them now.  I guess since I have been making these pieces for years and had access to Sam and the boys to ask questions, I learned a lot over the years and just became proficient at it I guess..

• Like 1