Dewalt DW735 Planer - No Power

BryanFaz

No clue about this motor. Since I confirmed power was leaving the power switch, I checked the continuity on the motor through the brush holes. Assuming it can be checked in that manner, the motor had continuity. Yet, it will not power on. Won’t even hum, not a sound. What is the darned problem. 

That type of motor is called a "universal" motor. See the link for an overview of its function. @Tpt lifeis absolutely correct.

The good news is that the stator winding SHOULD have an external wiring connection, meaning that connection could be the problem, rather the the internals of the motor.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Mattbair said:

I have the Dewalt dw735 type 1 and I have got power to the motor but it will not run anyone know what would be going on 

I assume that you checked the fuse on the front, I had a problem like that once and it was one of the brushes was stuck not touching the arbor, you can access them from a small door in the back

• 7 months later...