plunge router base removal

Fagyver

Hey folks  - I'm trying to remove the base of my plunge router (WEN model 6033). I've removed set screws (#63 in exploded view), and being that this is my first time attempting something like this, I'm looking for a little guidance. I've watched lots of videos and read lots of various articles and the like on the topic, but it seems that every router is different. There are no pins to knock loose, I've carefully inspected to find more screws, and I've called WEN. They suggested a little heat and to "just tap it out." I had just woken up, and I didn't have my wits about me just yet, so I failed to ask things like where to apply the heat or if I should have it in the locked position when I "just tap it out".  I thought I would try here before I put myself through holding while listening to the static-filled classical music again. Any insight, tips, guidance, or whatever would be so appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot (188)_LI.jpg

I want to remove the base as well as the springs, and removing the base would allow me to access the springs. The guy I talked to at WEN yesterday called me back this afternoon. He'd been working from home, but was back at work today. He said he and one of the mechanics tried heating and hammering but were unsuccessful at removing the base from the one they tried on. He said there must be some type of heavy duty glue involved, and a reciprocating saw would be his advice. Granted, I don't know how hard they tried, etc., but I was pretty impressed with the callback especially considering it took him 3 different attempts to reach me. That said, I don't think his advice is viable for my desired results.

• Like 1