Woodpecker Purchase

I don’t own any Woodpecker items but understand that they offer quality products at non discounted prices. But unless your work requires super precise drilling and you have the drill press for such, I’m not sure I would make the investment, free shipment or not. JMO

• Like 1

Google Drill press tables.  You're gonna find a ton of them as well as instructions on how to make  a bunch of them.  I just made mine from 2, 1/2" sheets of ply.  I don't require perfection for drilling holes.  I put the drill tip where I want the hole to be, adjust the fence, clamp and drill.  I prefer to work with the KISS agenda  {Keep It Simple, Stupid }.

Biggest thing I want my drill press for right now is to make all of the bench dog holes on my upcoming Roubo build. Just want to ensure I have accurate, 90 deg holes. The reason I’m looking to purchase rather than build is just to save time as I have a list of projects to complete that is a mile long. Not opposed to building one myself though if I can find a good plan.

For that operation, if you are off a 1/32, or 1/8 or 1/4 or 1/2” , I don’t see the problem. Your dogs will never know the difference. I think, the more plumb the hole, and this is on your drill press and not the location of the hole, the better off you are. Save your money. Would like to see the finished product. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chet said:

I just used this -  Dog Hole Bushing   About $10 from Lee Valley. This and a top quality 3/4 drill bit you would be out maybe $50.   I didn't drill my hole until the bench was complete.

Bench dog holes on a roubo are way easier with this bushing. It's the same way I'm drilling mine. Piece of advice, don't drill the holes until you need them. Shannon rogers on Renisance woodworker has great advice on dog hole placement.

He loots a lot different in this video, wow how he has changed.

• Like 1

Don’t remember where I saw it but one article suggested  a 3/4” down cut carbide router bit.  Make a “clampable” base for your router.  Set and clamp your plunge router over the desired hole location then simply push down.  I used this technique on my last Douglas fir workbench.  Worked great.  I intend to use it for the maple bench I am currently building.  The router bit has proven to be useful for a lot of other routing