Plywood in Tampa

Good morning! I just moved from Houston to Tampa and am looking for plywood to build shop cabinets. I’ve called multiple places and can’t find a medium grade C2 type plywood for less than $50 a sheet for 3/4” sheet. In Houston I could buy China birch for about $35. Maybe this is simply due to lumber prices increasing. Anyone know of a good spot in Tampa area?

I too was recently shocked by the near doubling of prices on some construction materials.  The story from the industry folks (here and elsewhere) is that the prices will stabilize in the near future.  I am going to wait a few months on some things as my budget for certain items more than doubled if I moved ahead today.  I guess you could say I'm doing my very small part to reduce the demand :D

• Like 1

I just spent $40 on a sheet of T1-11 last week. Lumber prices are still way up. 

Global shipping is definitely a mess. We have had ships sitting for weeks and in some cases well over a month just waiting to get into the port to unload the containers.