Looking for some decent used equipment

Shane Jimerfield

Hi All. I'm starting to rebuild (lost my home and shop last summer to the wildfires), and I'm hoping to put my home shop back together. Insurance was insufficient to buy all new stuff, so I'm looking for some decent used machines. Powermatic, Laguna, Grizzly, etc... table saw, 8" jointer, 20" planer, 14" bandsaw, and drill press.

I'm in southern Oregon.

Thanks for any leads.

There's been a few things posted for sale on the Guild Facebook group. Some of them are probably a far drive for you but maybe worth it if you can get a whole shop. Someone just posted pretty much a whole shop but it's in Dallas. I think I've seen a few things go up in CA recently.

11 hours ago, legenddc said:

There's been a few things posted for sale on the Guild Facebook group. Some of them are probably a far drive for you but maybe worth it if you can get a whole shop. Someone just posted pretty much a whole shop but it's in Dallas. I think I've seen a few things go up in CA recently.

I'm not familiar with the Guild Facebook group. I had planned to do a guild build last fall, the Fremont Chest of Drawers, but things didn't go too well for my shop so I had to cancel. 

Craigslist is my go to for tools.  There are many apps that can give you alerts for specific tools. But I also have good luck with forums classified section.  Check out smc and woodnet specifically since they have a really large user base.   And fog if you’ve been bitten by the green bug.   If you don’t mind doing a little leg work you can get some amazing deals at estate sales. Only problem with them is you won’t know the price until you get there and there could be lots of competition.  But I’ve gotten some great deals on large machinery from there.   good luck with your search.   

Edit: If you want to try estate sales check out estatesales.net

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shane Jimerfield said:

I'm not familiar with the Guild Facebook group. I had planned to do a guild build last fall, the Fremont Chest of Drawers, but things didn't go too well for my shop so I had to cancel. 

If you've purchased a guild project you can join - https://www.facebook.com/groups/twwguild 

Couldn't hurt to join and ask if people have anything for sale. If you're not a Facebook user you can create an account just for it and let the admins know when you request to join.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 6:33 PM, Shane Jimerfield said:

Hi All. I'm starting to rebuild (lost my home and shop last summer to the wildfires), and I'm hoping to put my home shop back together. Insurance was insufficient to buy all new stuff, so I'm looking for some decent used machines. Powermatic, Laguna, Grizzly, etc... table saw, 8" jointer, 20" planer, 14" bandsaw, and drill press.

I'm in southern Oregon.

Thanks for any leads.

I am quite far from you in Sunnyvale, CA.  But I do have an old industrial Wadkin 12 inch 3 phase (with my home made phase converter). Also a 14 inch Delta bandsaw.  I have no clue how to ship them.  But if you do and are interested in them. please respond to this.  And we can continue from  there.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rojmwq4e
    Newest Member
    rojmwq4e