What’s that weird noise???

Sunday, beautiful afternoon, glass of tea, smell of saw dust, getting ready to mill some lumber, and the sound of a far off weird clicking noise just above the hum of the planer. Oh it is just the belt on my planer rubbing against the chain since I burned half off as I did something stupid last night and fed too much at once. Hour later and belt is changed but not a task I like to do often. Hope your day is better in the shop than how we started here today. 

1ABB52BF-C855-4E2D-AA94-F80ADC5BD82F.jpeg

2F919BB7-8685-4571-800F-B75402B702E3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Luckily the 735 is well made in the sense that it is fairly easy to work on. I've had to fix on things that are much more of a pain.

Yes you are right; it’s not too bad to work on the thing and there are tons of videos online showing how to fix parts. I am not sure how anything got fixed before the internet. ;-)

There are videos showing how to fix things? I always just use the owners manual or a service manual... :D. I'm joking though honestly i find printed material a lot easier to follow. Having to skip around a video and wait for some one to bloviate through a 15 min introduction is something I don't have time for.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chestnut said:

..... I always just use the owners manual or a service manual... :D.

I agree, but have you seen seen of the manuals they out out lately? Some are really good, but most should be shed for wasting natural resources.

And bloviate is the perfect word for many of the YouTube videos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1